Junior Full Stack Engineer in Shotgun's Tech - Design Team
Junior Full Stack Engineer
- Filter tags
- years of XP min.InternshipParis, Marseille, Bordeaux, Sao Paolo, New YorkFull remoteReact React Native NodeJS GraphQL
What we're looking for
We're looking for individuals who love to create products and have ownership from inception to shipping.
We live in a moment where entertaining people has never been so essential: your mission at Shotgun will be critical. We're looking for people who love the idea of making people happier.
Finally, we're looking for innovators, people who have crazy ideas and who value freedom more than anything else.
In a post COVID world, the live event ecosystem is starting from scratch. We have to experiment new ways for events to happen.
Why this role?
- Build the future of live events
- Grow a product that is already being used by more 800,000 people and thousands of organizers across the globe
- Join us at one of the most exciting moment of our history: we launched Brazil last year, and are launching US, UK, and Spain this year
Being an engineer at Shotgun
At Shotgun, engineers have a lot of ownership, as they both build features and make crucial product decisions.
We move and ship fast, by maintaining a constant balance between quality and efficiency. We also regularly take time to work on long-term challenges, even if it implies to rebuild a product from scratch.
Since the features we ship are used in real time on the field, we make sure stuff we ship works.
The mobile application is only the tip of the iceberg: at Shotgun, we have the ambition to address the needs of event producers and party-lovers, at every moment of their journey. This means a large variety of products and tech challenges:
🎤 Event producers (B2B)
- Organizer back office: CRM, Marketing tools (newsletters, push), Finance,...
- Tickets Reader app: offline-first, P2P communication with BLE
- Tickets Point-of-sale app: offline-first, P2P, hardware integration with thermal printer and cash drawer
🕺 Consumers (B2C)
- Shotgun app: ticketing, resales, UX/UI
- Shotgun website: ticketing scalability, UX/UI (always)
- Streaming platform: video streaming, chat, videoconference
We like to try new things out but most of our stack is built around Typescript back and front, as it increased our productivity individually and as a team. Here are the things we use - and love:
- React / Next.JS / React Native / Apollo
- Node.js / GraphQL
- Github Actions / Cypress / Detox
- Vercel (serverless) / Heroku
What you will do
You will build features, even full products from scratch in order to make people happy
You will conduct experimentations to drive growth
You will always try to figure out how to entertain our users in this post-COVID paradigm
Concretely, here are the projects you'll be onboarded on in the next months by joining us:
- New version of our website and mobile app
- Social features
And some other ideas we'd like to experiment sooner or later:
- ML events recommendation
- Cashless payment during the events (+ hardware?)
- CMS features to let Organizers express their personality
- Aurora Serverless V2 🤓
The job is made for you if...
- 🤖 You love building products
- 💃 You are passionate about entertainment: it doesn't matter which industry, but entertaining people makes you happy: music, gaming, events...
- 🦾 You have some experience with our stack (React / React Native, NodeJS, GraphQL)
- 👀 You are curious, with an active technological watch
- 🎖 You have a sense of ownership and responsibility
- 🌎 Remote Friendly
While we have offices in Paris, Marseille, New York and Sao Paulo, you're free to work from anywhere you want, still being roughly in the same timezone than the rest of your team.
- ✈️ Team Off-sites you won't see elsewhere
We organise every quarter an off-site to gather all team members: 2 to 3 days to mix workshops, master presentations, good food and obviously some nights out 🕺
- 🕺 Event Invitations
Get invitations for the events of your choice
- 🍔 Swile Lunch Card
Lunch card and much more: https://www.swile.co/
We like to move fast but want to give you a chance to meet as much team members as possible:
- Introduction meeting with CTO - 30 min
- CEO meeting - 1h
- Technical interview with senior engineer - 2h
- CPO meeting - 1h